Wednesday, August 8, 2012

See...................

Word of the Day............ See.....to perceive with the eye. Look around! What do you see right now? I see so many things and I bet you do too. From my couch I can see things in our den, as well as things in our kitchen. Actually, I gotta tell ya.....I see too many darn things. I wonder why some of this stuff is on the counter, coffee tables etc. Okay fine, that's another blog entirely. About 25 feet in front of me is a big window. I see a brown pasture, a green live oak tree, a wonderful piece of stained glass and the right front fender of my car....so that's some of what I see. What do you see? If you're like me, you don't see nearly all that you should. O yeah..we see what we want to. We actually take for granted what we see. I'm going to bet we DON'T see more than we see. We miss so many details because our eyes are trained to pass over so much. Think about it......don't you agree? We train ourselves to be generalists.....we see what we want to see...we hear what we want to hear.....we say what we want to say. But consider all the underlying things we miss. Do you see the emotion on a friend's face, do you see the detail of a particularly pretty garden, do we see the devotion in your child's eyes? I can just hear you now.....who has TIME to see every little detail? Hmmmmmm...really? I know our days are packed......things to do, things to do, things to do. Name ONE thing more important than a hurting friend, or your child who just wants a minute of your time. I'm waiting.......................I waited. God gave you eyes to see.....this world is a wondrous place. Please SEE it for what it is. A gift, a miracle, a feast for your eyes. Don't only stop and smell the roses.....stop and SEE them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment