Friday, August 17, 2012

Begin........

Word of the Day..... Begin......v.,...to do the first part of an action. Well...Here We Go!! Ready or Not!! School is about to BEGIN. For me, school bells have drawn me for well....I can't count that high. Elementary, Junior High, High School, College(Hook 'Em), then Teaching. Someone asked me how long I had taught and honestly I don't know. I stopped when the kids were born, and went back when they told me they were tired of me being at their schools every day. I had a couple of 1/2 years so I really would have to stop and figure it out. But what I do know is that to BEGIN a school year still gives me a spurt of energy. New students, new goals, new friends.....old traditions seeming new. To me as a teacher, New Year's Day is the first day of school. Getting the groove back, scheduling days, being more productive......these don't start on January 1...they start the first day of school. But......I won't make this ALL ABOUT ME......:))). We all BEGIN things in our lives...whether we're 9 or 37 or 54 or 78. We begin each day.....we begin each week....we begin new exercise programs.....we begin projects.....we begin new relationships.... we begin new jobs......BEGIN, BEGIN, BEGIN. Beginning is a powerful force. Some things we choose to begin...others may be forced upon us. But I don't think it matters whether it's a choice or a necessity outside our choosing, we have to BEGIN with an attitude of success. If we begin with frustration and defeat...we will be defeated....and in the process be miserable. Okay...I know...I'm sounding like a cheerleader......turn that frown upside down....:))). But in the end you know I'm right. Maybe your circumstances aren't perfect...maybe you are being forced to begin a a path that's full of weeds, and stickers and fire ants. But nobody promised perfect, nobody promised worry free, nobody promised THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD. It's okay to have dark days, it's okay to have 3 1/2 seconds of POOR PITIFUL ME. But at the end of the day......what we BEGIN with a positive attitude, succeeds more often, builds character and sculpts a life worthy of the LIFE you've been GIVEN. Life, breath, growth, choices are truly God Given gifts.......BEGIN to enjoy, succeed, deliver, share all these gifts with a worthy attitude. Life BEGINS now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment