Thursday, August 2, 2012

Disconnected.......

Word of the Day........... Disconnected....adj.,......separate. Do you ever feel disconnected? Maybe you do or maybe you don't. Sometimes it's a really frustrating feeling and then again, it may be a very comfortable zone. I usually feel disconnected in the summer. I wonder if most teachers do. It's a freedom thing,which is nice, but it's also a 'out of routine' thing. I think most people actually do better when they are in a schedule. I always look forward to the summer when I'm gonna get 'oh so much' done. Never happens. Has never happened. Why do I think this will change? The days stretch out in an endless pattern and I quickly fall into the .....I can do that tomorrow......syndrome. I pretty much disconnect myself from clocks. I've always said that for 9-10 months a year I live by bells sounding. In the summer...no bells! Here's the thing. At some point we all have to connect back up to life. Get out there and accomplish something. Make your day have a point. I don't care if it's 30 minutes or 3 hours or 8 hours or whatever, you need to connect. Kind of like a 'Connect the Dots' puzzle. We all need to make our way through our lives with purpose and connections. Stay plugged in.....join....communicate....be! So enjoy those days of disconnection when they come along. But realize that your life matters to someone else and if you stay separate, you're not only affecting yourself, but those who love you and depend on you. Get in the game Guys and Dolls.....it's your turn to bat!

No comments:

Post a Comment