Saturday, August 18, 2012

Height....................

Word of the Day................ Height.........n.,....the distance from the bottom to the top of something. I'm only gonna say this once.....my height isn't great. There, I've said it. Most if not all of my family is taller than I am. My friends are taller and some are way younger which makes for times of complete depression.....but that's another blog. Here's the thing about height. It scares me. Maybe that's why I'm not tall, God didn't want me scared every day. Sometime height means might.....on a basketball court, volleyball court, changing light bulbs, washing the top of cars, reaching the top shelf in a store, cleaning a ceiling fan (Yeah, I really wanna do that!). But I think we can look at height in another context. Goals.....and not basketball goals......what is the HEIGHT of your goals? Do you set goals? Do you make a list? Can you see in your minds eye achieving those goals of great HEIGHT? Let's take a step further......Height of Faith, Fear, Joy, Love, ......we all face invisible Emotional Heights. Some heights are wonderful, some are draining, some are common, some are rare......all are INEVITABLE. Don't think that height is all about stature; it's not. Height comes in all sizes, shapes and degrees. Think about it......stand tall physically, but also mentally. Achieve the HEIGHT that your family deserves, your job deserves, your friends deserve and most of all that YOU deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment