Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Why?

There are an abundance of 'why's' in this world. You have why's that I don't have. I have why's that you don't have. But here is a why that we all should have. Why can't we just respect each other? Of if you just can't achieve that....and I'm not saying it's easy, or even right in every instance, why can't we just be gracious and learn that saying nothing is usually the right path to take. Our world is ever shrinking. We now see things from distant lands, different peoples, faraway places that in years past were not so easily seen. But really, do we have to belittle, poke at, and be superior to those who are different, those whom we don't like, those who are our perceived 'enemies'. Am I advocating lying down and playing dead.....no, am I saying that standing up for yourself is wrong.....no. I'm not speaking on a national or international level. I'm well aware that military issues exist and I'm all over the USA standing firm in areas where we need to stand firm. My point is on a personal level. The tongue is a mighty sword. Thinking before speaking is a life lesson that should be taught over and over and over. Words can not be taken back..they are alive FOREVER! Think about this......when you have to eat them. Words are powerful. Please make sure that what you say sets a good example for your family, your community but most importantly for yourself. Why? Because at the end of the day, month, year or your life, what is remembered is how you conducted yourself, what legacy you left. I would hope respect is one legacy you achieve....not so easily won, but very easily lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment