Thursday, January 31, 2013

Habits.....

We are creatures of habits......we have routines......every human, animal, Mother Nature.....we all have habits and routines. Missy,my little terrier, knows that when I start blow drying my hair, it is a sign I'm going to leave the house. So off she goes to the dirty clothes hamper until my return. Missy has her routine and she knows my routine. We all live by routines and habits and everyday actions that give us peace. Possibly it's a wonderfully strong cuppa coffee first thing in the morning, or a 2 0'clock nap, or a comforting cuppa hot tea before bed. Maybe it's a nightly call to friends and family to visit or vent. It's probably just the right pillow and number of blankets. Routines are part of life and I think they are meant to be. After all, we should pattern ourselves after Mother Nature, whose routines are God Given. She rises, and she sleeps. She lives and she dies. She is both hot and cold. She reasserts herself. Her tides ebb and flow. Her seasons come and go. She gives birth and she takes away. So on this Thursday, think about your habits. Are they aligned with attitudes that are God Given? Are they natural and healthy and wholesome? Are they what is not only good for you but also for those around you? After all, you are your habits. You are your routines. And most importantly you are God Given.

No comments:

Post a Comment