Sunday, January 13, 2013

Rhythm.....

The ancient practices God established were the rhythm of work & rest. Both are important, beneficial and necessary....this was a Tweet I saw this morning #EmmanualIMN. I love it. Nobody...and I do mean NOBODY enjoys more than I do a day of sitting on the couch with nothing more to do than read a book and relax. As a matter of fact, over the Christmas break I did that repeatedly....but as the New Year arrived and also the beginning of school approached, I realized that my sense of accomplishment began to sputter and I needed to get back into the rhythm of work and rest. I've often said that Fridays aren't nearly as celebratory if I haven't worked that week. In my life, Fridays signal....job well done....now switch your stride and do what comes next. Not that all weekends are couch sitting times....but they are all a change of pace, a different dance, a new song, a separate ebb and flow of life. Just as Mother Nature has her distinct pattern, so must we. Life is much like the tides....sometimes high and sometimes low and we have to learn to not only ride the highs and lows, but to benefit from each. So as you think about this idea of work and rest, think about your own life. Pat yourself on the back for jobs well done. Allow yourself to rest when it's time. And most of all, follow the ebb and flow of life. It's not just a random thing. It is a time honored, God given pattern. Have a wonderful Sunday Guys and Dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment