Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Use.........

Word of the Day......... Use....v.,....the act or practice of employing something. What have you used today? Well, let's see...I've use my alarm clock, my coffee maker and cup, my microwave, my computer....I haven't been up long and have already used many things. I've used my toothbrush....half way used my brain. We use and use and use and I'm betting you are never aware of 95% of the things you use. It's routine, rote, life. Unless, of course one of those things doesn't work properly. Then we are aware of it's use and that we use it. How many words have I used already? Get it? We are USERS. And you know what? Using these conveniences makes life easier, and thus in many ways happier. But there is a big long line that needs to be drawn in the sand.....and that is when we begin to USE PEOPLE. Then, my friends, users sometimes become ABusers. There are legit reasons to use people....these are the people who are expected to be used and to be compensated for it. We use doctors, lawyers, teachers, mechanics, store clerks...the list can go on and on. But in this life, there are those people who use in ways that are insulting. Impolite, condescending, expectant people whose job, it seems, is to be better than most others and that's when Use becomes ABUSE. Please and thank you's are easy and free.....USE them. Smiles and nods are harmless and uplifting....USE them. Hugs to friends and family are healing.....USE them. Don't be that person who expects....don't be that person who uses just because you can. Be that person who lifts up and appreciates and makes someone else's day just a little better because you know the value of use and the hurt of ABuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment