Monday, June 25, 2012

Update......

Word of the Day.... Update.....v.t.,.....bring up to date. This morning when I turned on my computer there was the 'you need to update' thing. I think it was Java.....sometimes it's Virus Protector or some other thing. Well, you know, some days I just DON'T want to update. But then again, we update things all the time. We update hair styles, we update gadgets, we update car models, we update clothes. We update skin creams so we'll look younger. We update water because apparently there is some that will make us SMARTER. We update vacuum cleaners because some sanitize our floors. I'm telling you we have animals in our house.....floors will NEVER be sanitized and I'm not updating my house to NO animals. We live in an UPDATE world. And it seems like this world updates every millisecond. Buy that new computer and before you get out the door.....uh oh...you need to update. One time I updated my Iphone and wiped it out.....I didn't update I shut it down..completely...it wasn't even a phone. It was a black line going down the screen. So now I have this ICloud thing that does my updating for me. The ICloud is much smarter than I am. For this I'm grateful. We don't hold good thick books anymore, you know where you can smell the pages....we have EReaders. Sometimes I just HAVE TO hold a book....so I put my Kindle down. Those are my NON-UPDATE days. Then it's back to the Kindle because it is so handy. Maybe it's my advanced age, but there are things from yester-years that are too precious to update. I have a Monday attitude today.....possibly I need to update to Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment