Friday, June 8, 2012

Symphony........

Word of the Day.........

Symphony......n.,....major orchestral composition......

A week ago tonight we were at the Morton H. Meyerson SYMPHONY Center in Dallas to watch our Aly Garcia receive her medical degree. As I sat and watched and listened to the ceremony, I couldn't help but stare at the very impressive organ pipes that stood tall and proud behind the graduates. What an amazing sound that pipe organ must produce!.  The polished golden pipes were beautiful and so impressive. Now I"m not a symphony kinda girl.  I'm just going to go on and say I've never been to a symphony.  I've been to a Willie Nelson concert, a Rolling Stones concert, a third grade concert.....I"m pretty sure those don't fit the actual definition of a SYMPHONY.  In none of the above events were there organists, violinists, cellists, or harpist.  Even though they didn't produce classical symphonic music, they were a SYMPHONY to me.  There are symphonies all around us.....and not all man made.  The entire world is a SYMPHONY of sounds, sights and tastes.  Your favorite sound might not be mine.  Your favorite taste might not be your best friend's.  You may love to see the pastels of spring and someone else love the golds of autumn.  I think my point is that what a wonderful SYMPHONY this world is.  Colors, lights, shades, musical notes, laughter, silk, polished wood, giggles, songbirds, plush carpet, cool water......these and a million other things make up the symphony of life.  Have I strayed from the 'official' definition of symphony?  You bet......but that's the beauty of life.  It can't be boxed into an 'official' definition.  It's a wonderfully, diverse universe God has given us.  Get out their and enjoy your SYMPHONY.

No comments:

Post a Comment