Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mood.....

Word of the Day......

Mood.....state of mind....n.,.....

What kind of mood are you in today?  Some people are just moody....meaning you never know exactly what to expect.  You know those people......up..down..happy..sad..anxious..relaxed.  Well, we all have moods; some of us just have longer periods of moods.  O....she's just a happy person.......always smiling.  O......be careful with him....he usually isn't nice.  We wake up in good moods; we wake up 'on the wrong side of the bed' bad moods.  Maybe we should always be in a great mood just because we wake up at all.  Things to put me in a great mood....good friends, God's love, my kids, your kids, a really good book, a good night's sleep(yes at my age, this isn't always the case).  Things to put me in a bad mood......I have to really stop and think about that one....disagreements, the 2 o'clock wakefullness, something not working properly.  Last night I couldn't find my cell phone.....immediate bad mood because I really thought it was crushed on the church parking lot......called it.....Leslie answered......it was in her purse(don't ask)...instant good mood returned.  Funny thing moods.....they can be fleeting or they can be semi-permanent...either way they do control our lives if we let them. We are all susceptible to moods.  I"m sure there is some type of hormonal explanation  that quite frankly doesn't interest me at all.  I say just roll with the mood you're in and hope to heck you don't step on anybody's toes while the 'Ouiser' mood grabs you.  Sometimes we are just entitled to be somewhat 'pissy'.  What makes your mood good or bad?  How does your mood affect others?  Do you wait for a change and hope for the best if you're not in the best mood?  Sometimes you can take that frown and turn it upside down...and sometime you want to just beat the heck out of anybody that says that stupid suggestion.  It's your mood.....OWN IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment