Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Nibbled to death.......

WORDS OF THE DAY......... Nibbled to death by the ducks......phrase....... This was one of my mother's favorite sayings...and perfectly describes the way I feel this morning. I love this phrase......not only does it make entirely NO sense in that I doubt anyone has ever known a friend or loved one to have met their death by being nibbled by ducks...but it brings back wonderful memories of my childhood. Whenever there was something my mom really didn't want to do, she would say....I'd rather be nibbled to death by the ducks. Last night, I had a no-sleep night.....watched the clock do its thing until 4 a.m., then was up at 6. So therefore I think I have been nibbled.....and I promise you I will LOOK like I've been nibbled. Possibly nibbled by something bigger and mightier than the Ducks.....I know..that's some kind of movie reference. Anyway....my point is......even though you have a nibbled day....or dread something worse than being nibbled..you just have to go on with your life. Hobbling along....drinking an extra cuppa coffee and pretend like your well of energy hasn't been sucked dry. We all have NIBBLED TO DEATH BY THE DUCKS moments........that's life. It's how you respond that makes you either, well....dead, or stronger. So if you see me today, you might want to look the other way. I'm pretty sure it's not going to be a great sight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment