Saturday, July 7, 2012

We

Word of the Day....... We...pron.,.......I and the rest of a group. For a long time....possibly forever....I've loved the word WE. It denotes togetherness, bonding, circles of friends and families. I just love being a WE. When I think about life, I realize that there are lots of circles of WE'S......you have them as well. There are circles of we's at work, maybe clubs or civic organizations, church, acquaintances, friends, close friends, really close friends and family. These are just a few. Some WE'S are just two people; some WE'S are a few or a great many people. Some WE'S in your life you have the power to pick and chose, and some you do not. Some you are probably very proud of.....those that do good deeds, those that you love being around. But there may be WE'S that you aren't so happy to be included in...for whatever reason. Certainly I'm not saying that being an I is bad. It takes I's to make WE's. And you need to be very careful that you don't lose your I when you become a WE. For it is the individual personalities that make some of the best WE'S.....the kindness, the humor, the frankness, the gentleness. These traits all go into making wonderful WE'S. Always be your true I.....but when you become a WE, make sure that it brings you joy. Your days are too short to give to those WE'S that don't give blessings....both to you and others. I just love being a WE. It's a warm coat on a chilly night, it's the hot sun around a cold pool, it's a cup of morning coffee or afternoon tea. It's laughter, shared tears, advice given and received. WE'S are comfort zones with big barriers keeping out the rest of the world. WE'S sooth my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment