Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Anxiety..

Word of the Day...... Anxiety...n.,.......apprehensive uneasiness of mind Anxiety is a part of life. If you have never had anxiety, then you are either oblivious to life, or you aren't being truthful with yourself. There are a million things to be anxious over each and every day. Make that a trillion if you have kids.I want ....all of my ducks in a row.....all of my kid's ducks in a row.....everybody's ducks in a row......when they are not, I have a little anxiety. No, let's make that a BIG anxiety lurking in the back of my mind. Different personalities don't handle anxieties in the same way......duh. I want to get out there and FIX IT right now...even if it is impossible to fix at 2 a.m.....:)) Some people want to mull things over, figure out the best way to handle whatever is happening, then slowly get things done. I envy those people. They handle anxiety better than I do. They are the 'it will all work out' sort of folks. Not me......I want to WORK IT OUT....and I want to do it NOW. Anxiety equals worry, sharpness, niggling doubts, just a disruption of life. It makes me totally unfocused. I do nothing well when I'm anxious. I enjoy nothing. I pick up a book and read 10 pages and couldn't tell you what I've read or even IF I've read. Anxiety is a part of life. I wonder how you handle it? I probably could learn a lot from most everybody I know. My stomach hurts; I don't sleep well; I may or may not be somewhat touchy to be around. So now comes the time when I should issue platitudes about having anxiety. When I should say calming, soft things that reassure you of the working out of things in your life. Sorry..... I have anxiety...... you're on your own!!

No comments:

Post a Comment