Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Story.......

Word of the Day..... Story.....n.,....account of events. I used to have a teacher that every morning would say....'What's your story Morning Glory?' As a kid I loved that not only because it was a happy greeting but also because it meant that I had a story. So, I ask you.....'What's your story Morning Glory?' Hmmmmmmmm.......you say? Well, you better know because you're writing it this very instant. You, my friend, are an author.....a published author. And your book is read by each and every one that you know. Co-workers, friends, family, clerks at Wal Mart, people driving in the lane next to you....they are all reading your story. And there is NO editing. Seconds, minutes and hours can never be regained. Days, months, and years can never be rewritten. You're rude to someone....that's a chapter in your story. You cheat someone....there's another chapter. You help someone, say a kind word, open a door, bring a meal, offer a smile....good chapters all. I love books and I love to people watch. Great fun is people watching...they are out there writing their stories and I get to watch. Some are writing comedies and some are writing tragedies. And I promise you, most are totally unaware that they are writing at all. What's your story Morning Glory? Make it a good one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment