Sunday, July 8, 2012

Numbers......

Word or the Day............. Numbers.....n.,....quantity or order I hate numbers.....I really do. They are not my friends.....they do things like add, subtract, multiply, divide, square, equal......they have angles, and fractions and systems and graphs. We live in a world of numbers.....speed limits, and prices and channels on the tv and radio. We count our money and we count our bills. How many kids do you have? How many years have your worked? What is your phone number? What is your credit score? Numbers line up so neatly....they are just so darn organized. Why can't they just be random? One of them should have the nerve to step out of line and cause number chaos. Then maybe I would enjoy them more. They would be more fun, more bold.....a little daring. Who came up with numbers anyway? I mean if Al Gore invented the internet...and Margaret Thatcher invented soft serve ice cream, then why doesn't someone admit to inventing numbers? Maybe because it's a shameful thing. I wouldn't want to admit it if I had invented numbers. I'd rather have invented words. Words are fun.....they are colorful and they describe and detail and draw and color. Words are my friends. I hate numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment