Thursday, July 19, 2012

Blind.....

Word of the Day..... Blind...adj.,.....unable to see. I am blind...well, not really completely blind, but without glasses or contacts, my world is pretty darn fuzzy. This is a condition that nearly just killed me. I don't think people can actually die from being blind, but the actions one might take when dealing with this condition just about 'did me in'. My heart is pounding, my already just a tad too high blood pressure is soaring, I'm recovering from ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. You see, I picked up a bug. I don't know what I though this lump on the floor was, but turns out it was one of those big grey locust like things that started buzzing at me. O M Gosh.........did you hear me scream? I bet you thought it was the tornado siren going off. Missy, my dog came running.....Chica, my cat scurried out of the room....I'm sure Mr. P went back to roost even though the sun is shining and he's making his daily 'pecking at grasshoppers' rounds. My husband is working about 25 miles away... he probably would be calling if I hadn't washed his phone....see my other blog about that entire situation. I wonder what the bug thought? He may have died of fright. Or he's in such a traumatic state he wishes he'd never made his way out of the heat into this cool house. Now, what am I gonna do? Good news is that Dax is home and I COULD go wake him up to take care of this beast......or......I could go get the vacuum and suck that huge, horrible, buzzing thing up. But here's the problem.....my glasses are in the other room....contacts in the bathroom. I'm gonna have to walk BLIND to get either choice. What if he's moved and I step on that bug? Hmmmmmmm...I suppose I could crawl on my hands and knees....my eyes would be closer to the floor and I could see better..but concrete floors and my shall we say, 'not so young' knees might not be best friends. I teach teenagers for a living.....I have as many as 30 in my classroom at one time. I should be afraid of NOTHING. But I'm blind...and there is that bug!!

No comments:

Post a Comment