Saturday, July 21, 2012

Move...........................

Word of the Day............ Move....v.,......change residence or workplace. The very word MOVE in the above context makes me want to running screaming into the pasture. Who likes to move? There is nothing nice about people who have to move. For days they build up into these frantic, wild eyed creatures who vow they will NEVER again gather so much junk into their lives. Well, I hate to say the words out loud, but today is MOVING day in my world. Our daughter is moving for the 9th time, I believe, in 8 years. So in a bit....off I go into the wildness that is called the MetroMess of DFW and participate. Her father is much smarter. He seems to have missed all but 2-3 of these moves. He has to work, he has things to do, he is busy, when actually he is Wiley Coyote who somehow manages to be otherwise engaged. Frankly, this has been for the best. There has not been a killin and I'm not quite sure we wouldn't have made the front page of the Dallas Morning News had he been there for the last few moves. The last time he helped move, we showed up at her apt. with a cattle trailer that had NOT been cleaned out....if you get my drift, swept yes, washed no. You can imagine the look of horror on her face and if you can't, that's a good thing. You might not survive the nightmares. WE have smartened up over the years. This is our 4th move that we've hired movers. As a matter of fact when we called this time, they recognized her name and mentioned they'd been waiting for her call...hardeee har har!! Here's another good thing about THIS move....I'm only going to be on the end. I shall be waiting at the new place when the moving van, her car and her boyfriend's(I'll love you forever Dustin) pickup show up. Hopefully, they will have gotten over their extreme anger in the 40 minute drive from the old place to the new. If not, I will be prepared by having nice libations waiting. I've tried to be bright and cheery about this 9th move saying platitudes like....well, it helps you clean out the clutter in your life, and new places/new jobs are always exciting. I have been met with glares; I don't care if it is over the Iphones, I know she's glaring. Again.....thanks be to Glory I"ll only be on the end of this move. So as the beautiful Saturday makes its way through your life, and YOU'RE NOT MOVING. Be thankful. Things could be worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment