Monday, July 30, 2012

Frustration........

Word of the Day........ Frustation......n.,.....state of insecurity arising from unresolved problems...... Annie says,"It's a hard knock world." And I agree wholeheartedly today. Here's the thing. It's my voice...accent...wording...whispering....talking....yelling. Navi the Navigator in my car can NOT understand me. Why, when I say Breckenridge does she tell me about all the Japanese, Chinese and Italian Restaurants close to me? Now, before you think I should be more concerned by NOT being able to find my hometown on my own....I can, well.....I can in most instances. I just wanted Navi to tell me today how to get from my brother's house to mine. I REFUSE to think that Texans have accents. We certainly can speak the King's English...and with great finesse I might add. If I'm hearing chuckling from my East Coast and Midwestern friends, then rest assured, I'm tuning you out. Much like Navi has tuned me out I guess. So yes....I can type in where I want to go.....I don't want to do that. I want to speak and hear her say,"OK,let me tell you how to get there"!! She does not do that, she simply assumes a haughty tone and spits out some haughty phrase. Thus, my frustration rises. I will admit that I don't normally get off my beaten path..and when I do, it's planned and I can type my darn destination into the system first. But I repeat....I DON'T want to do that!!! Now, she says if I'll speak French, maybe it will be better.....do I LOOK like I can speak French? Why can't she let me speak Spanish? I can do that....Maybe I should try speaking English with a FRENCH accent. I wonder if that would help. Do you think it would? Navi could be a very good friend. She can tell me the time, temperature and even the day of the month if I'm ever that confused. She can tell me to change my oil, check my tires, and how many miles to the gallon of gas I'm getting. O...and she's very very good at telling me to make a LEGAL U-Turn...so clearly she's law abiding. She can change my radio....change my cd's.....tell me how many miles to my destination, after I give in and type it in. She can whisper, talk or yell.....but then again so can I. I wonder if that's the problem. Maybe she can understand Texan, but not Texan being YELLED. I know I've mentioned Navi before...maybe she just enjoys her name in 'lights' and continues to hand out frustration at every corner, road, highway, interstate and LEGAL U-Turn, so I'll continue to blog about her. I find myself at the end of my rope.....I'm gonna read the manual which yes, I should have read to start with and see if it says....O By The Way, if you're from Texas..........don''t bother with Audio Navigation....it leads to Frustration!

No comments:

Post a Comment