Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Ticked........

Word of the Day...... Ticked....adj.,....angry, upset. I have been somewhat TICKED today. Let me rephrase.....more than somewhat. It could have something to do with the fact that my eyes flew open at 3:30 a.m. and never closed again. Now..there are times when waking at 3:30 a.m. is exciting. Do you remember when you were a kid and a family road trip was on the horizon and everybody got up at 3:30 or 4 a.m. to pack the car and head out? That was exciting. You knew you were in for a treat. I knew this morning no fun road trips awaited me. It was supposed to be a morning of not having to get up. So as usual I fought it for about 3 hours. OK fine. I got up....made coffee and decided to catch up on FB to see what my friends were doing and on Twitter to see what the world was doing. And of course give you your Word of the Day cause I know it just helps you along. I'm selfless like that. Your computer can not connect with the internet. Please wait awhile and try again. These are the words I saw. I did NOT want to wait awhile and try again. I did not want to be up, but if I had to be, then I wanted to connect to the outside world. I began to be sure there were things happening that I needed to know about RIGHT THAT MOMENT. I was for all intents and purposes Robinson Crusoe. Yes, I know the television would have filled me in on the world's happenings, but that wasn't what I wanted. I wanted FB and Twitter. Didn't get it. Thus TICKED. Ticked is a state of mind. So I decided it was all Mind over Matter. Hmmmmmmm..that worked for 45 seconds. Backed to Ticked. I think there are just some days that one deserves to wallow. This was my day. Hopefully tomorrow won't be yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment