Friday, April 26, 2013

Visit.....?

Do you visit? I'm a visitor. I visit with my friends and family through email, texting and on the phone. I love to go visit in their homes. And I hope they love to visit in mine, although I'm gonna confess, our home is not your average 'everything in its place' home. We are constantly a work in progress. So sometimes visiting us is well, an adventure. But back to the original thought for this writing. Do you visit? And I mean visit with YOURSELF. I think it is imperative that we do that. We need to take stock of our lives. We need to see what's on our shelves. We need to clean out our refrigerator of thoughts and actions and guilts. We need to visit with ourselves. Daily. DAILY you say? Why I don't have the time. Yep, you do. Not to be indelicate, but each one of us has a few minutes of alone time....you understand what I mean? And yes, I've had young kids so I know for some of you THAT particular time isn't even alone time. But I say...make time. Visit with yourself. Carry out the trash of your mind. Realign the tires of your life. Mop the floor of your actions. Brush the teeth of your words. Take an accounting of your emotions. Visit with yourself. You're gonna find out whether you like what you see, hear and feel. And whether you like the view or not, start again the next day with your trash, refrigerator, teeth, floor and tires. It's an amazing process. It's a process of love and hate.....of happiness and sorrow.....of depth and height. Visit with yourself. Honor your life and your purpose with these visits. Each one will be a unique insight into what is YOU. Visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment