Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Negative...

Negative Nellie has come to see me.....yep, sitting right here on my shoulders. She arrived about 2:00 a.m. this morning and shook me awake. I instantly knew she was here. Questions began banging around in my head...how are you EVER gonna get that done, that's NOT going to work, you'll NEVER accomplish that....on and on and on. I wrestled with her for a couple of hours. Read for awhile, stared at the ceiling for awhile, frowned, punched my pillow, you know the routine. She finally shut up for a bit. But now here she is again....and I THINK she's drinking my coffee. Already I'm thinking....It's gonna be a long day.....not the best thought to get you out the door.....or frankly to keep you in your house. So, off I go to the shower to try and drown her although I fear she is water-proof. I don't like 'just gettin' through the day' days. But sometimes you have to be at the bottom of the laundry pile, stuck in the mud of life, low man on the totem pole of attitude. And today....that's me! Fill the suggestion box with any tried and true Kickin' Nellie to the door ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment