Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Same and Not So Much........

I am a reader. Are you? I always have a book or Kindle in my hand. Well, not always, but you get the picture. I love to talk books. Gonna get something straight right away.....I am NOT a deep thinker nor reader. I do not read much of social value. I read to make new friends, go new places and somehow have a new life for however long I can immerse myself in a book. People who don't like to read are mysteries to me. I just can't fathom this personality trait. But I imagine I have many traits that are mysteries to most people, okay, probably everybody. Which brings me to my point. We are all a mixture of traits, and habits and thoughts and likes and dislikes. We are a combination unique unto ourselves. And in our uniqueness we live our lives meshed with those who both share our traits and those who are very different. I find the bond of friendship fascinating. I am so blessed to have several very close friends. I hope you are too. But the fascinating thing is what draws people together. I'm sure that shared likes and dislikes play a part in it, but there are many people whom I know that share my love of reading, yet we're not close friends. I have very close friends who are supremely creative. Me,ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, not so much. Not a creative bone in my body...can't sew, can't draw, can hardly spell artist. I have friends who love sports, and those who don't. I have friends who love animals and those who don't. The list goes on and on. So what is it that draws friends together? What forms that bond that seems to be endlessly stretchable? I'm curious, but at the end of the day, the how doesn't matter. The why is pointless. It's just the AM that is priceless. I wish friends for you. I wish close ties for you. I wish togetherness and shared laughter and tears for you. And most of all I hope you ARE a friend to someone. This is a blessing beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment