Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Perspective...............

I got up 'on the wrong side of the bed' this morning. Or maybe the wrong side of the house, highway, state or country. You get my point. It was just one of those mornings of well.................grumpiness. Coffee was fine. Wasn't running late. Had slept really good. Hair isn't great, but I need a haircut and a new straightener so I can deal with that. Animals were cheerful. Car had gas. Day was pretty. God is good. Still grumpiness. I arrive at school early and turn on my computer and my Homepage opens. It is Fox News (no comments from the liberals out there)....anyway. There I see the headlines. Of course I know what to expect. The horrendous happenings in Boston would be the top story. And I was right. But under the Large Font Headlines is this smaller one....."Two brothers reportedly lose legs in the bombings." Uh Oh.....Perspective. Really??? I'M grumpy? Perspective. That one sentence brought my tiny little grumpy world into sharp reality. Sometimes it takes just a few words to make your problems sink to the bottom of life's ocean. Today was that 'sometimes' for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment