Saturday, March 2, 2013

How Many Times..............

We had no water last night...well, from mid afternoon until about 9. Something was amiss between the Brannan Farm and town. But here's the thing.....I lost count of how many times I walked by and turned the faucet. Not to check to see if it was back on, but because I needed water for something and I had forgotten it was not there. The convenience of water is just that.....a convenience that I rely on many many times a day. So that brings me to my point. What conveniences do we overlook every day? What do we have in our lives that just seem part of the norm and we never really give appreciation for the fact that we can turn a faucet, flip a switch or punch a button and things spring to life to give us what we need at that exact second? It was cold in the house this morning so I flipped the thermostat up. I wanted coffee.....immediately.. so I pushed the button on the Keurig. I neede to catch up on FB and blog so I punched the button on my computer. I checked my cell to see what texts had come in overnight from my night owl friends. So my morning of 30 minutes has been punch, flip and check. I want to read in a bit so I'll turn on my Kindle. I need to go to town so I'll simply walk out the door and turn the key in my car and off I'll go. My husband often says....wouldn't it be great to have lived 100 years ago? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....NO!! No flip, turn or push isn't my dream life. This leads me to point B. If we are unaware of those types of things, what else in our lives do we simply accept without realizing the impact they have on us? Stop! Right now! Think about your house, family and friends. Who and what do you overlook as just something or something that is there simply to make your life easier? I bet the list is long if you're truly honest. So today, why don't we show some type of appreciation with a hug or a word or an acknowledgement. No, you don't have to pat your faucets, nor kiss your thermostat. But if there is SOMEONE to thank...do it! If there is someone to hug.......do it! But most importantly be that person that realizes life isn't just about you. It's about surroundings and people and blessings. Be aware that things and folks can disappear in a blink of an eye. Don't pass through life unaware. You, my friend, are blessed and are a blessing. Count your many blessings....name them one by one. Sound familiar? I challenge you on this Saturday to do just that. Let's name them!

No comments:

Post a Comment