Friday, March 8, 2013

Rituals....

We all have rituals and they are comforting to us. Actually, I think I could call them habits, but rituals makes me sound more well, sophisticated, and we all know I need all the help I can get on that scorecard. Think about your day. I'm guessing that you do pretty much the same thing every morning, unless you look at the clock and realize you're still horizontal when you should be sitting at your desk. Then you might just cut out some of your daily habits. But let's pretend it's a normal day. You have first thoughts......not sure about you, but mine is...."What the heck is today?". Then I'm either up and going about getting the day started or having a little more zzzzzzzzzzzz time because I've hit the jackpot and it's the weekend. But nonetheless, whether it's a work day or a weekend, I do have a morning ritual. I'm not the most organized person in the world.......stop nodding your head.....but I do like things done in order when it comes to getting myself out the door.....thus, my ritual. My dog knows my morning routine as does my cat. They know exactly when to expect their treats, when to go to the bathroom to sit while I shower and then when to look hungry again, just in case I"ll give them another tidbit. So, they too, have morning rituals. Their little canine, feline hearts would be broken if they didn't get their treats, and get to sit with me in the morning as I dress for the day. I fear they are both blind as THAT part of my routine, isn't a pretty sight. Anyway, my point is....we are creatures of habit and our habits...aka rituals....bring us comfort. Some of us are 'up and runners and get out the door', some of us are 'dawdlers and sitters and slowly make our way to work'. Not matter what your routine...it's yours and to follow it brings you comfort. It's something about control in a world of chaos. It sets the tone of your day......as it does mine. I pride myself on control of my day, being in the driver's seat......then I hit the front door of BHS and 135 teenage souls take that control and twist is, mangle it and the fun begins. But just for a tiny while...early in the morning, I'm ruler of my kingdom and the Queen of my rituals. Happy Friday Guys and Dolls.....may your day be exactly what it needs to be to make YOU the ruler of your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment