Thursday, March 7, 2013

Understand......

There are many things in life you're just NOT going to understand. For me...probably more than most. I don't understand how my Keurig works...but it does. I don't understand how my microwave works.....but it does. I don't understand how this laptop works.....but it does. Thank the Lord somebody does understand all of the above and so we have these wonderfully handy devices. I'll just go ahead and admit I don't know how geometry, algebra or calculus works and I don't CARE that I don't understand any of the above. But there are those of you who love and understand them.....bless your hearts. :))) But I do understand a few things. I have somewhat of a good grasp on the need to connect with people, on the need to lend a helping hand when you can and on the need to grab a helping hand when offered. I do understand that we aren't meant to be Islands unto Ourselves. We just can't go it alone all the time. Now, I'm the first to admit that at times, I will become a self-imposed hermit. Those that know me understand this. But even though I've 'dropped' out for awhile, I'm still aware of my need for people who care. And I have the need to care for people. So here is the point of this early morning ramble. We need things, we need conveniences, but most of all we NEED people....friends and family. We need those hands held out to us. And we need to be able to return the favor. So if today is a day someone needs you.....recognize it. If today is a day that you're in need.....let someone help. Not only will you be doing yourself a favor, but also you will allow that friend or family member to extend their love. Today I'll sit in Attendance Committee meetings at school and I'll hear why some of our students haven't met the State Texas Attendance requirements. Most will be understandable reasons, but some will be that the student sitting before us has nobody who cares to lend them a hand and see that they come to school. Some have burdens at 15 that you or I didn't have until we were out of college. Breaks my heart. So, today, as I pass along rules and regs that have been imposed on us by the Lone Star.....rules and regs that we can't change, I'll also have at times little pieces of my heart broken for these kids. If you remember or acknowledge nothing else about this journal, please recognize that this world needs your hand held out to help.....in any way you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment