Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Combinations...

I put a new profile pic up on FB and my long time friends began to comment on whether I looked like my mom or my dad. In reality, I'm sure I'm a combination of both. So this begins my thought process this morning on combinations. We have so many in this life. We combine ingredients to make food, colors to make outfits, furniture to make a room look exactly right. In reality, I think the biggest Combinations we should focus on are attitudes, and outlooks and formulas for not only making our lives better, but also those lives around us. We are all surrounded by combinations of personalities of our co-workers, our bosses, our friends, family and children. These are all just thrown into the skillet of our days and left to simmer.....or boil over. Some days we stir the pot and some days we just let it happily bubble on the stove. But the bottom line is that all of life is a combination,a putting together and then a result. And it is in our power to throw in an ingredient and possibly take one out. Pull the anger, increase the understanding, lift the hope, lose the criticism, throw in an extra dash of encouragement. Please be aware there are many parts of your day you can't control, but you CAN control the combination of reaction. Don't throw out handfuls of hurt just to watch it boil, or extra cups of judgement to make yourself feel better. Instead measure out helping hands, gentle words and belly laughs. These are the combinations of a really great person, someone who lights a room, heals a hurt, helps their world. I hope today your Combination of Life is great.....after all, you are the chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment