Saturday, September 22, 2012

Update...............

Word of the Day............. Update.....v.,.......to bring up to day, modernize. This morning I'm attempting to update my Iphone to the new operating system. I don't have very powerful WiFi out here on the Brannan Farm so it may take longer than I'm alive. And I'm asking myself do I really need it? I wonder what features it has that will make it better. I wonder if I'll even be able to use the new features because well, I'm not firmly in the 'techie' generation. I have been grandfathered in....:)))) I update apps on the phone sometimes and can't tell any difference, but supposedly it is to fix 'bugs' in them. I just fixed a bug with a can of raid....hope it's not the same thing. By now you're wondering if I have a point to this blog.....as am I. So here goes. Life is full of updates......some we are aware of and some we're not. We update our homes, we update our cars, we update our hair, we update our appliances, we update our clothes. But I think that there are things that NEVER need to be updated, modernized, nor redone. Dignity, honor, empathy, diligence, faithfulness, kindness....the list goes on and on. These are timeless things that we shouldn't tinker with, throw out and replace, nor change. These things stand the test of lifetimes, are polished with age, and then are hopefully passed down to our children, students and youth. Don't update what is enduring, don't redo what is eternal, don't modify what is everlasting. Update what you must, change what is needed, but please don't ever think that you can replace or better God Given human values that are righteous and good. Live them; not lose them.

No comments:

Post a Comment