Monday, December 3, 2012

Well, Darn!

Today I have the Don't Wanna's. You know those days when you sit on the couch and really want another cup of coffee, but Don't Wanna get up and get it. The days when you know your dog needs outside but you Don't Wanna walk to the front door and let her out and sure Don't Wanna have to get up again and let her back in. I think about the 135 teenage souls who will walk through the door of Rm 11 on the Hill and I'm SURE they Don't Wanna and I Don't Wan them to either. No offense Mom and Dad...I love your kids, I just Don't Wanna teach today. You've had these days.....I know you have. Quit acting like you don't know what I'm talking about. So somehow I've need to turn the Don't Wanna's into the Just Hafta's. I Just Hafta get another cup of coffee or I'll never leave this couch...it will become my permanent home. I Just Hafta let my dog out or .....well, you know the end to that unattractive story. And I Just Hafta go welcome those 135 souls to RM 11 and ...By Golly.....teach them some Spanish. I will Just Hafta unglaze their eyes that will be staring at me like I have grown 4 heads and 73 ears. I will Just Hafta pull the cotton out of their ears and get them to listen to me as I Just Hafta teach.......it will not be pretty. They will be resentful because they'd much rather be glazed over, cotton eared people who are thinking about their friends, weekend and how they hate Spanish. How do I know this? Trust me.....I know. It's Monday and they'll have the Don't Wanna's and know in their sad little hearts that they Just Hafta.

No comments:

Post a Comment