Thursday, December 6, 2012

Jolly...or Not

Word of the Day....... Jolly...adj.....merry, happy, cheerful. T'is the Season and all that. Now before you think I'm all Bah Humbug, let me assure you that I love this time of year. Divorce of the Christmas Tree Lights seems to have been avoided for another year. If you're not my friend on FB, then you've missed that point entirely...but okay, fine. Let's be Jolly.....Let's be Thankful.....Let's be Grateful....but most of all Let's be Giving. If you all could see what I see everyday; if you could only know the needs some of our kids have, your heart would shatter. We have great kids in our little community and some are great against ALL ODDS. We have children dealing with adult issues daily. We have hungry kids, and kids who sleep on the street. We have kids who feel the most safe at school and dread the time that holidays come around and their safe place is gone and in many cases, their daily food is gone as well. We have kids who just need a break, a hug, a helping hand, a mentor. And while I'm in no position to offer names, nor would I if I could, if you feel led to help in anyway, please find a way. This situation is not only happening in my small West Texas town....it's in your village, your town, your city. You CAN help wherever you live. When you help a child, you help the future, you help the next generation, and whether you realize it or not.......you help YOURSELF. Be selfish that way......help yourself by helping a child. T'is the Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment