Friday, December 28, 2012

Resolutions....

Blah blah blah........resolutions. It's that time of year for reflections on the past and turning your eyes toward a better new year. Time to sharpen that pencil and put a big ole PERIOD at the end of 2012. So, are you a resolution kind of person? Do you put yourself out there? Do you succeed? Here's my thing...I'm NOT. I don't want to set myself up for failure. I don't make resolutions. But as I think about it, maybe that is a failure in itself. Not going to do it because I know I'll fail. Hmmmmmmmm. I think I'm already failing. Isn't it a failure to not test yourself? Not because you are afraid of not succeeding but because you know you won't and so why try? I think maybe it is. I think it's a non-test of yourself.....(I'm pretty sure non-test isn't a word, but I'm using it anyway). It's complacency at it's best. It's laziness. It's just plain old sitting on the fence. There are things I've always wanted to do.....accomplish.....succeed at that I have never really pushed myself to finish, do, accomplish. I have major character flaws that need fixing, mending, erasing. So, I'm spending the last few days of this year contemplating Resolutions. I may just be brave enough to step on out of my comfort zone and make 2013 the year of challenges and changes. I may be able to make my fence I've been lounging on into a barbed wire fence. I really hope I can....do you hope you can? If so, then Resolve to meet those challenges and changes head on. Bring it 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment