Friday, December 14, 2012

Faces.....

I love faces. The different mixes and matches and expressions are priceless. I particularly love the emotions that play across faces. In my profession I get to see a lot of young faces every day.....and the same faces. And at their stage of growth and age they can literally change overnight. But the most fun is just watching those faces. Now, I've said before I'm a devout people watcher. So I get to have one of my most enjoyed activities everyday.....all day. I can see excitement, boredom, curiosity, sadness, rage, indifference...every emotion imaginable plays across those faces I see daily. Eyes dart, eyebrows raise or lower, mouths pucker, jaws slack, noses twitch........faces are dead giveaways to the emotions behind them. We're so NOT interested in this Spanish verb conjugation.......Hey, that's a pretty cool way to say something in a different language......You have GOT to be kidding if you think I"m gonna do that.......You're mean.......Don't you realize I have a basketball game tonight........I really rather not be doing this......What do you mean I have to get up and speak SPANISH in front of the class.......I wish it was lunch......I wish it was Saturday......I wish it was summer......I wonder if I could get by with trying to text my friend on my cell......Hey, I think I'll ask to go to the restroom so I can call in my lunch order to Ernie's.....She's gonna say no, I've tried it before and it didn't work. I get to watch a movie every day in Room 11. Same cast of characters, but I promise you a different movie every minute, hour and day. I wonder what the movies will be today? It's Six Week Test day so I'm not hopeful for comedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment