Thursday, May 9, 2013

What's Your Thang??

Okay fine...I know it's thIng....but I was trying to be cute. Did I get the job done? Whatever! But seriously,what's your thing? We all have them. Mine are reading, writing and wonderfully long deep or incredibly silly conversations with family and friends. What's yours? Do you garden...then go dig a hole and plant those tomatoes, onions, okra, squash and corn and by all means, I'll be there for the harvest. Do you love to work out? Then I'm not too fond of your skinny self, but go sweat away those stresses and pounds. Do you like to cook....call me, and we'll set up a time for dinner. Do you love to sew......then you are crazy. I'd rather take a beating than have to thread a needle, but kudos to you guys who are so very talented. Do you like woodworking, refinishing furniture, or painting? Do you love puzzles, crosswords, hidden words or jigsaws? Then work with those letters and crazy looking pieces of cardboard. It doesn't matter what your thang is. What matters is that you do it. Treat yourself. Indulge. Not a day goes by that I don't read. And most days I write and always am talking to my friends and family.....big shocker there, huh. Don't let your passions go unnoticed and untended. Your garden will be weedy, your treadmill will be rusty, your stove will be lonely, your Bernini will feel ashamed and the letters and words in your mind will never fit into puzzles again. Use your mind or lose your mind. We are given passions and interests for a reason. And it's not to say,'O I can't wait to retire so I can yada, yada, yada. The time is now. Be busy. Be interesting. Be passionate. Be yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment