Sunday, May 19, 2013

Inspiration...............

I'm certian that we, as humans, need inspiration each and every day. We need that push to put one foot in front of the other and just keep life going. Some days are easier than others. Some days are sailboats on calm seas...masts fully opened and skies blue. Other days are row boats in seas so rough that hanging on is all we can do. On those days, we need inspirations, we need to pull them from our gut and use them with every bit of our strength. One of my truest, most trusted , my go to inspirations is Maya Angelou. If you've never heard her speak nor read her books, then you are missing out on a deep wisdom. She is a true teacher. Her story is long, and at times hard to absorb. Raped at 7, mute for many years, labeled an idiot, she has risen from her own personal ashes to become one of the most decorated women of our time. She has thoughts and words so provoking as to be mind boggling. Her words are musical instruments. She is a phenomena of our age. She has written thirty books, has spoken at the UN, can speak seven languages. She is one of my inspirations. So from time to time I think I'll take her words and pass them along. Today one of my favorite MA quotes is....."When we know better, we do better." Take those words and really let them dwell and simmer in your mind. You should know better ever day of this life you've been given. You know better today,than you did yesterday, or last week, or last month or year. So do better. Be inspired and be an inspiration to someone else. I hope you have an inspiration in your life that helps you through those row boats day. But if you don't, then borrow mine. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. No, never disappointed. You will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment