Friday, May 10, 2013

Mothers, Mamas, Moms...............

Tell me about yours. We all have one. This is a commonality among every living creature. We have mothers. Name one person you know without one. I'm not saying good, bad or indifferent but, unless your name is EVE, you have a mother. She may not still be alive, she may not be in your life, she may have NEVER been in your life, but you can't deny the fact that you have a mother and that AT SOME POINT, you were tied to her as closely as humanly possible. More to come on this Mother's Day Weekend, but for now.....I would love to hear about YOUR mother, mama, mom.

1 comment:

  1. My mom, Elizabeth Jeanette or Betty as the world knew her, has been gone 34 years. I still think of Her most days. Until I was about 19, I saw her as simply my mom....warm, funny...a great cook and baker, talented at sewing, knitting, dancing. She drove as though she was in first place in NASCAR, and she was hell on wheels when mad. One day in a college classroom, my professor who had 2 doctorates and 3 masters quoted something my mom had said to him at my advising session before college. He then said, "I think Betty Riffel is the most brilliant woman I ever met." I learned and realized a great lesson that day. Happy Mothers' Day, Mom!

    ReplyDelete