Friday, April 4, 2014

Listen.....

My Thought for this Day......I am a teacher by profession, but I hope I am a learner as well. We are never too old, experienced or knowledgable to turn our backs on lessons to be learned. I teach Spanish in the classroom, but I had much much much rather be known as a teacher of life to both my students, my friends, family and yes, even those few people who might read my FB ramblings. And to teach life lessons, one must learn them daily. I try to do that always. I see and hear and visit and read the outpourings of so many souls a day. I cry with those kids who have nothing or no one. I feel for my friends who struggle with boulders of trouble, I rejoice in the lives of success I get to be a part of, and those I merely read about. But mostly, I try to learn. I have not walked your path, ridden your waves of sorrow and lose, nor crested the pinnacles of your accomplishments. I find the human experience fascinating, and more so each and every one's reaction to their own daily bread. I love deep thought and conversation of just exactly what our purpose and breath and commitments and steps both are and should be. I love to hear your stories, your histories, your life's bricks that have made you the person you are. My sponge soaks up your water. I don't know if this is normal, and don't care. My goal is to learn, understand, and pass on to help. So at the end of this crazy rambling treatise, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for comments, texts, private PM's and emails. Every one makes my day. I will continue this word game as I can and because I can. And if, at anytime, you need an ear, I have two.....the calling of my heart is to sit,listen and when you have poured out your waters of joy or sorrow, be there to say, "someone does care."

No comments:

Post a Comment