Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Epitaph.......

My Thought for This day.......A couple of years ago I wrote my own epitaph....not one that would be written about me. Excuse me when I say that those sometimes take out the salt and replace it with a little sugar. No, I wrote my own , and I was brutal. No one knows you like you. No one knows the true inner workings of your heart and mind. No one sees the motives behind your actions. No one actually holds the soul of your character like you do. So I was honest, objective and it hurt. I actually put it on a piece of paper....word, by sad sorry word. I searched the cracks and crevices of my thoughts, actions, of the very essence that was me.....not what the outside world saw, for we all put on plays for others and that would have been a waste of time. I wrote an in depth character assassination. Then I read it, and reread it, and revised it with even more honesty. It hurt; it was looking through a glass darkly, yet it was truly one of the most liberating things I have ever done. Because then, I could begin my work. Maybe this isn't for you. Maybe you just aren't ready. Maybe it would be futile. But if you decide to have the courage to see yourself in all your black and white, do it. But do it right. Pen, paper, time and honesty........I hope it sets you free as it did me. I don't want to know details, but if you do decide you can face you, let me know how it affects your life. I'm betting on you!!

1 comment:

  1. I did that recently myself. Ugh. Luckily God let's us start new everyday.

    ReplyDelete