Thursday, August 22, 2013

Touched By..............

Ok....sappy though it is, I have become a renewed fan of the television show Touched By an Angel. I truly believe it's Roma Downey's accent that I love so much as well as always having been a Della Reese fan. I know...shows my age, but she is such an imposing figure of a strong woman. So anyway....this entire thing has made me wonder about all the things which touch us daily that we are so ignorant and unaware of..... things both evil and good. I don't think anyone understands the magic of life to even a milli-bit of it's amazement. It's truly like a stage play. We see the main actors and the bit players, but for the most part, we are unaware of what's going on behind the scenes. We have no clue of the all the people and circumstances that are not the Stars of our Lives or even the Supporting Cast. We are oblivious. There are so many happenings behind the Acts of each of our days that we merely drift by them without a glance, thought, thanks or fight. So here's my thing......there is good and evil in this world and I hope that each day you are aware of this. Appreciate the good; I don't mean just appreciate I mean truly from the bottom of your gut realize the wonders of your life. Draw on that good, that fineness, that genuine joy. But also, realize that there is evil that lurks, unseen, probably not even felt, but there, none the less, and there to steal and overpower the good. We've all heard Put on the Full Armour. Well, do it! If you don't understand it, you can't fight it. And if you don't fight it, then you are missing out on the little miracles that float and pop and surround you daily with your joy. So I ask you this, please don't only pay attention to the main characters and the bit players of your day to day existence. Instead, be aware that each breath is a gift, a big ole beautifully wrapped present for you to take the time to open with astonishment. That's your life my friend. Win not only the battle, but the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment