Friday, August 9, 2013

I Understand..............

No, you really don't. You don't understand my life and I don't understand yours. You don't understand my pain, sadness, joy, relief, duty, worry, exuberance, or any one of my life's circumstances. I just find this such an interesting concept. O girl, I feel your pain, I've been there. NO YOU HAVEN'T!!! Here's my thought this very early Friday morning. We do, in fact, all share the human experience. But what is different, what makes us NOT understand each other's circumstances is the fact that we are all very unique in our responses to whatever life throws at us. How many times have your heard AND said...well, I'll tell you what I'd do and what you should do. NO, you don't know what anybody else should do. You do not and never will live another's life. You have no idea exactly how you would react to the circumstances playing out before you in the life of a friend or a family member or whomever. Yes I do you say! No, you don't because while you may have had the same life experience, you don't have the same genetic makeup and therefore, don't truly understand reactions and emotions of another. I don't react to challenges the way you do. You don't react to problems the way I do. We are all made so uniquely that to even begin to think we should have the right to tell someone what to do in any of life's circumstances is arrogantly absurd. Now wait a minute you say......what if I'm asked for my opinion..then by all means GIVE it....but don't be presumptuous enough to TELL someone what to do then criticize when your advice isn't followed to the letter. What I'm trying to say and doing it very poorly I might add is this. We do experience similar problems and joys and wins and loses. We are on the same playing field called life. BUT, we aren't the same personalities, brains, emotions nor souls, so therefore, while we live the same circumstances from time to time, we don't understand the paths of others. So please think before you criticize. Clamp your mouth shut even if there are a thousands of words that want to spew out. Be ears not mouths.

No comments:

Post a Comment