Saturday, August 10, 2013

Mariposa...................

I love words...duh! I love the sounds they make coming off the tongue. I love to read words. I love to write words. I just love words. And MARIPOSA is one of my very favorite words. Ok, I can see you non-Spanish speakers scratching your heads saying............Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? Mariposa mean butterfly. So not only do I love the way the word sounds, I also love what it means. Butterflies are some of my very favorite things. They just seem to flit along from flower to flower, drinking their nectar. They appear to sail with ease on puffs of air, putting out very little effort in life. But not so. We all know.....remember your science classes......what a butterfly must go through in order to become that lighter than air being. So this gets me to thinking. We are all Mariposas. We have all battled struggles to get where we are today. We may not be sailing and flitting; we may still be pushing and shoving to get out of our cocoons. As a matter of fact, we all still have those days of nectar AND those days of conflict and power drainers. But here's the thing. We survive those days in order to enjoy the days of twirling and soaring and drinking the nectar of life. So my wish for you is to realize that if you are in a cocoon now, your Mariposa days are ahead. Whatever you're fighting, bearing, living is at some point going to end. You will survive to be that beautiful being that enjoys your garden of flowers. Spread your wings my Mariposas and fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment