Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Dry........

My Thought for this Day.......If you live in Texas, you understand the word Parched. We are an arid and parched land right now. We are conserving water; we are desperately in need of rain. We are dry. I wonder today if maybe the word parched just might touch our lives in other ways. Sometimes we are simply as withered and thirsty as our soil. Do you feel it? Has there been a time when the life seems to have been sucked right out of you. Does your soul and spirit have cottonmouth? I'm gonna guess if you are reading this, then you are nodding. It's the human experience. We over extend, we stress out, we lose the joy that is life. So here is my thought. When this happens, stop........take a big gulp of YOU. You are a living breathing miracle. Visualize that! You....a miracle! How foolish to let yours or others actions, thoughts, routines, cares, take that away from you. I'm reading your mind right now and you're thinking 'I don't have time!' Yep, you do. Oh no, I have kids, I have this, I have that. Uh huh, but you have YOU! Five minutes of you......breathing deeply, sitting silently, exhale your cares, and inhale your marvels. Whatever it takes, don't let life take the phenomenon of you and turn it into anything less.

No comments:

Post a Comment