Sunday, May 4, 2014

Awareness....

My Thought for this Day........The sense of awareness is not absolute. It is not a package that comes with a pretty bow. It is not a neon sign that blinks over the heads of people in your life. It is not an innate human emotion. It is not eyesight, hearing, touching nor tasting. It is coming out of yourself to be present in others. It is taking the prize out of your basket and giving it to someone else. It is realizing that there are people around you who walk with you and talk with you and yet, you have no clue their tears, nor fears, nor hurts, nor hopes, nor dreams because you simply have not honed your sense of awareness. Whether due to selfishness or ignorance or indifference, you have not been present. Take stock and if your thoughts and word are 'all about me'. If you hear someone speak of hurt, but can't wait for them to hush so you can tell your story. If you know they've been hurt, and you sympathize for an hour or a day, them turn your back to continue your life, then shame on you. We've all been guilty of this. We've all lived in a 'what about me ' world. But the hope is that today you can change. Get OVER and OUT of yourself. Get off that train of ulterior motives, and self preservation and get on the train of reaching down and pulling up and truly listening.....not just hearing. You know someone you can help. You know someone who simply needs an ear, and possibly a warm human touch. We all wear cloaks of disguise. We all fight vulnerability. Yet we all yearn for that warmth of......yes someone does care. So I'll end this, by saying for me, this reaching out is a necessity because I....at this point in my life......in this circumstance of living.....see that there is oh so much I can do. I hope you understand my thought. I hope you turn your eyes outward instead of inward. I hope you will become the difference in someone's life. For truly, the life you save, you enrich, you reward will be your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment