Monday, June 24, 2013

The Eyes of the World..............

So the guy got on this microscopic wire and walked across a wide, tall, long stretch of air. The eyes of the world were truly upon him. My FB page blew up with comments about will he make it, why would he do this, he's crazy, etc. etc. I'm gonna admit that I didn't watch it. I have such a fear of heights I couldn't keep my eyes on him. But it made me start thinking about eyes watching him and you and me.......EVERYDAY. Each and every day we step out onto the tightrope of life. And people are watching....you. I hear it all the time....."I don't care what anybody thinks". Well, you should. You are leaving your lasting footprint on this earth with each step you take, each word you speak and each thought you have. We live in a 'throw it all out there' world. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram......these all provide ways for us to be in front of hundreds of people. Your life is on review, more so now than ever. What you angrily type, critically say, openly express on any type of Social Media does NOT go away. Texts, FB posts, Twitter words, or Instagram pics.....they are in cyberspace for eternity. You leave a trail of your existence for anybody to witness. It sickens me to see people air their grievances publicly. Not saying you can't disagree with each other....a healthy argument is a cleansing thing. But please, do it with respect. When you don't......you are not hurting anybody but you. What do you want your legacy to be? What do you want your kids, friends and family to read? You may not literally be on a tightrope over the Grand Canyon, but you are on a keyboard over something even larger.......cyberspace. You have more power in your fingers than you realize. Use that power wisely. All eyes may not be on you at one time...but never forget, they are at some point. I hope you don't have to hit the DELETE button of life too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment