Saturday, October 13, 2012

Rivalry

Word of the Day..... Rivalry....n.,...A striving for competitive advantage. I love me some Texas Longhorns. I mean I LOVE THEM. The 40 ACRES were my home for a few years and while those days are long gone, I can still remember Game Day. I had a really really good friend who played Guard under the tutelage of Darrel Royal in the years I was there....Travis Roach. That made the games even more special. Those were the days of Cotton Speyer,Steve Worster ,Jim Bertelson and Happy Feller. Yes, Dude, I'm that old. Look at the hair. Anyway......one game played every year would and does make my orange blood race...and Yep...it's GAME DAY folks. Red River Shootout. This is the day the FOREIGNERS have the nerve to come south, cross the River and walk onto the Cotton Bowl turf. It's a parting of the Red Sea by a massive wave of Burnt Orange. It is college football at its best. Win, lose or draw.....the game is HUGE for anyone who loves the Rivalry. For me, you can take all the NFL and dump their games IN the Red River. The atmosphere of college football, the anticipation of the kick off, the college colors shining brightly, the chanting of the school's yells and then THE EYES OF TEXAS....it just doesn't get any better. Seriously.....no better. So today, instead of words of wisdom....cough cough....or encouragement.....I give you HOOK 'EM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment