Friday, August 25, 2017

Eye of the Storm.......

My Thought for this Day.......We seem to be in the Eye of the Storm. Mother Nature has her sights on Texas; we are hunkered down with a Bullseye on our coast. And the only thing we can do is prepare as best we can and then wait. Sometimes there are things that are just too huge to control. And Harvey is one. Everyday I see emotional eyes of storms whirl around us all. There are things we can't control and no matter what we do, they grow into Harvey. I see devastation on young faces, and I hear it in small voices. Harvey has been in these lives for maybe a day, a month, or years. And they have no idea how to cope with such emotional trauma, and I dare say, some don't even realize it's there. So this is my Thought.......if you can, in any way, with care and consideration, help a Harvey. A small gesture, a smile, an acknowledgment of existence, a word....it costs nothing but your time. And with this tiny effort you build a barrier, fill a sandbag, board a window against Harvey. Do it for them; do it for yourself. Listen and realize we all have been in the Eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment