Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Peace.....

My Thought for this Day........My hope for you this Day is not that your tinsel is brighter, nor your tree shinier, nor your pile of presents larger. My deepest wish is that your heart is full. I long for each of us to be surrounded with family and friends on this most joyous of days, but deeper still, my wish is that in the very center of your being, you know that the Holy Occasion of this season, can not be measured in earthly terms. I pray that in the midst of the feasts and twinkling lights and cups of cheer, we all not miss the most life altering gift which doesn't lie nestled under the tree, instead it is tucked ever so deeply in our souls. The Light of centuries ago was Heavenly and not only guided the travelers to a barn, but also lead them to a Miracle Birth....what a Symbol of the highest Love imaginable. For unto us a Savior was born, an infant's first cry brought hope and eternal life. The Message of this Season is undeniably the greatest that was, is, and forevermore will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment