Monday, December 8, 2014

Odyssey........

My Thought for this Day......As I listen and reflect on the Phil Bennett/Bill Snyder story, I keep hearing the words of Coach Bennett as he narrates the tragic death of his wife. He said it was an Odyssey and Coach Snyder walked it with him. We all have Odysseys to walk. We all don't have Bill Snyder's to walk them with us. So my thought is this......if you are ever going to HAVE a Bill Snyder to walk by your side, you must BE a Bill Snyder. You must be willing to eagerly take up the reins of tragedy and step side by side with the Phil Bennett's of your life. My wish for us all is that such Odysseys never happen, but the reality is that they do and they will. And whether your role is the lead or supporting one, your actions speak volumes. I leave you on this early morn with these final words........we are guaranteed this moment, this breath, this sigh, this laugh, this step, not the next. Never forget words said, or actions taken may truly be the last you have with the people in your life. What will your Odyssey be and with whom will you walk?

No comments:

Post a Comment