Saturday, August 23, 2014

Give.......

My Thought for this Day......Today we're going to chat about money. Yes, I know that it's not considered proper to speak of one's wealth...or lack there of. I'm not interested in the amount of money you have; no one should be. What I am interested in is what you do with it, how you help others with it....wait! I'm hearing a small rumble of "I can barely get by on what I have; how can I help others?" So you don't think you have enough money to pay your bills? Or you're thinking that you barely get by, so philanthropy is not a possibility? Here's what I'm thinking.....IF you have bills to pay, then you have more than others. What about the mother in an abusive situation who is relying on a homeless shelter to fed and protect her and her children.....give to it! What about Meals on Wheels that furnishes food to the elderly who have empty cabinets.....give to it! What about the animal shelter that houses many of God's creatures when no one else will......give to it! Look around you....the possibilities are endless. And here's the thing...it doesn't matter if you give one dollar or a thousand or a million; your heart should be in the giving, not the amount. We all have the ability to give. I dare say at some point you've been helped. Yes you have!!!! Don't put blinders on to protect your selfishness. Give!! Money!! Now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment