Saturday, September 14, 2013

Your Right to be You!

The older I get,the more Unconventional I become. I really think that's not the usual thing. Maybe it's the fact that I spend every day with teenagers. Maybe it's because I am making a true effort to become less judgmental. But for whatever reason, and I don't think it matters, I see your life as yours. So no, do I think you can rob a bank because you need money, of course not. Do I think any action you do that hurts or endangers others physically or emotionally is ok, no. But here is my Conviction of the Day. If you're living your life in a manner that some or most people see as not on the right path, not following the rules, not walking in the straight line that should be walked, if you're living your life in a manner that is right for you and you have made peace with your faith and your God, then I say, you are stepping up to home plate and trying to hit a homer. I wonder if I would ever have the courage to do something that society sees as wrong. I wonder if I would ever be able to step across the line of conventionality? I wonder most of all if it is our place to judge those people who do? I think we tend to want everybody to be like us. We are all soldiers of the rules and regulations of whatever society says is true and correct. We tend to frown on those who don't look, or act or speak like we do. We, my friends, are so judgmental as to be sanctimonious. Am I a Christian? You bet I am. Do I believe in God's word? You bet I do. But is it my place to say I can interrupt His word exactly as it should be, should I even begin to presume that I am so intuitive that I know every nuance that is there? And that because I am so well versed that I should ridicule and spew nasty words to and about those who don't live their lives the way society deems right? Well, folks, I'm not too sure anybody is that intuitive. Do I think America needs to wake up to a big ole dose of those Holy Words? Yep, I do. But at the end of the day, you are only responsible for you. And if someone you know is choosing to walk their walk on a path that isn't exactly like yours and hurts no one, it is not your place to sit on your judgmental thrown and throw out phrases of hell and damnation. Speak your mind if you must, but be respectful, and honorable and above all, be sympathetic. You DON'T know their battles, you DON'T know their struggles. What you do know is that we are not the final be all, say all and live all. Everyone has a right to write their own pages, and as readers of the pages of others, we should do so in a manner that is noble, that is honorable, and OUR actions should speak our verses, and chapters of our lives. Please accept your neighbor. Hate is a powerful, destructive, ugly emotion. Don't live it. And don't accept it from others. Your friends and family will one day answer for their way of life.......but remember, my readers.....so will you. Happy Weekend to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment